Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a form of Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD), that affects up to 1 million people. Learn how to prevent chronic inflammation in the digestive tract and UC treatment to live a comfortable life!
Whole30 – The Elimination Diet
What you must totally avoid during the Whole 30 days!
2. Zero Alcohol. Zero Stimulants: Through the 30 days, you have to stay away from alcohol in any form. Not even cooking. Also, no tobacco. And definitely no mary-jane!
3. No Grain: This includes wheat, rye, corn, rice, millet, oats, bulgur, sorghum and sprouted grains. This includes all other gluten–free pseudo-cereals such as chia, quinoa, buckwheat, and amaranth as well. Besides the grains themselves, this also includes any product having the slightest whiff of their flours! And its byproducts like bran, germ, starch, etc.
4. No Legumes: This may come as a shocker to many. But legumes too have had their fair share to play in creating favorable spaces for illnesses to take root. So legumes would include all kinds of beans – red, black, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava etc. Peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts out too. Yup, not peanut butter either! Also Soybean, soy sauce, tofu, miso, tempeh, edamame and other soy-containing products. All of these soy products contain lecithin. This is an anti-nutrient that prevents the digestive tract from functioning normally.
5. No Dairy: That includes goat, sheep, cow milk and their derivatives. No yoghurt. No cheese. No kefir. No sour cream. And definitely no ice cream.
6. No Food Additives: That includes Carrageenan, MSG & Sulphites.
One Last Rule that is not officially listed, but makes a massive difference to your experience. Do not step on the scale or take any body measurements for 30 days. Only because this diet is much more than just losing weight. The focus is to look at the overall composition of the body.
1. Vegetables: Endless options here. You can gorge on them without a second thought.
2. Fruits: No restriction here!
3. Fats: Grab an Avocado!
4. Meat: Yes hamburger. Yes, patties. No buns.
6. Fish: Preferably fresh.
Through the course of the 30 Days make sure everything you buy is organic. Try to ensure that all the meat is grass-fed, pastured and local. Do this straight for 30 days! Something that really works wonders is having the right company while doing this kind of diet. If you could partner with a friend and touch base with one another each day, things become a lot easier for both of you.
You May Also Enjoy These Articles:
Diverticulitis is a colon infection that happens when small sacs known as diverticula rupture. Learn symptoms of diverticulitis and how to prevent this large intestine infection.
Colorectal cancer describes cancer that has spread from the colon or rectum. Colorectal cancer has risen in younger people recently. Learn colon cancer symptoms, prevention, and treatment.
Cheers to wine and gut health! Moderate consumption of red wine or white wine can have some health benefits, including immune support and digestive health. However, too much alcohol can be problematic…
High FODMAP foods are sometimes healthy ones that can cause bloat and gas. Sometimes switching to a low FODMAP diet can improve stomach problems. Here’s how!
IBS symptoms can derail your day. Nobody wants to deal with constipation, diarrhea, or bloating. Learn symptoms of IBS, and how to treat and prevent IBS-C, IBS-D, and IBS-M.
Share this post
© 2020 Quantbiome, Inc. (dba Thryve)
1475 Veterans Blvd. Redwood City, CA 94063